Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

New Pitboss - One Last Covid Quicky?

I've been thinking about this a little and have decided I am this stupid. Not sure if there is enough interest, but chucking it out there. Now in PB56 I mentioned a greens game might be a good idea as well, but I'm going to try getting this going first.

Idea is a normal speed pitboss, but if you join you / your team is expected to play twice a day for first 50 ish turns. Think speed of PB52 and PB58. Team mates would preferably have different play periods.

Max 6 players / teams
Thinking 100 tiles per player
Normal speed as mentioned
Other junk to be voted on.

Signed up:
Mjmd
Superdeath
Amica
GKC
Jowy
Lazteuq / Civac

Voting spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0

[Image: PUQ1Hjr.gif]
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

@SD Is that a signup? I know you have a large chunk of time later in the day to play, but would you be open to playing a quick morning turn early on?

(May 9th, 2021, 22:33)Mjmd Wrote: @SD Is that a signup? I know you have a large chunk of time later in the day to play, but would you be open to playing a quick morning turn early on?

i could sure try.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

This is not a signup, but I'll be looking at this with interest. I have several map ideas swirling in my head, and will see if I can find the time to test them.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Well, with an offer like that... Oh, you meant the pitboss! Well, I'd be interested in that too.

I can play solo, but teammates or dedlurkers are always welcome. smile

Edit: My playing period (I can play twice a day) tends to be mornings for Europeans, flexible for Asians, and afternoon/evenings for Americans.
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)

I like this idea. I'm able to play both in mornings and at night. My timezone is UTC-8 (Alaska), so my most likely times are 15-17 and then 02-06.

I'd definitely like to try teamwork for a change, since I've been solo in the last two games.

I keep meaning to write more for PB56, but then it was moved and I was / am lazy. One of the things I really wanted to mention is that Space Facts rock!.

I also liked Space Facts. So much so that I considered doing something similar in a future game. smile
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)

i'lll sign up
"I know that Kilpatrick is a hell of a damned fool, but I want just that sort of man to command my cavalry on this expedition."
- William Tecumseh Sherman