Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] scooter, pindicator, and Huayna Capac try some fast Zulu cuisine

ROFL.

Shrug, Commodore's gems is jungled, our gold will be quickly obtainable.

By the way I say we bring the scout back and try to defog Commodore's capital, else get to the land north of our cap and try to grab any huts there before Commodore can get through again. Does it look like we'll be able to defog his cap at any of the corner tiles?

Well, there is a hill 2NW of his capital, but fog gazing makes it look like there is a forest between that hill and his capital, so I dont' think we can get sight on his capital.

As far as bringing the scout south, it looks like his capital's borders go flush against the west coast, so there isn't a land-route we can use to the west of his capital.

If we ignore that land and bring our scout back in a bee-line to the capital, in 10 turns we will be on the tile SW of the capital. We would beat Commodore to scouting out the north even if he attempts to declare and walk through again.

If we check out the hill 2NW of Commodore's capital first and then bee-line to the capital, that will take 12 turns total.

Commodore is also Creative, so the borders of his capital will expand in 9 turns. So we can do 1 or the other: try to get sight on his capital, or beat his scout back to explore north of our capital.

Yes, there's a forest NW of his capital for sure. There's no point in moving there. I meant the other corners.

I'm not sure bringing the scout back to our capital and going north of that is really a valid option. That's a lot of time spent walking through land we've scouted already... Scout can only last so long with barbs about, I'd rather maximize the time we have before it dies.

Well... I dunno. We do really need to see that land north of us and it would be nice not to have to build a unit to do it. Still though, I don't think that just because Commodore's scout is further north means it's necessary that we ditch that and do something else.

Well, what's the purpose of scouting the land north of Commodore which will probably have no huts? Do you really think we'll have a decent shot at a hut there?

Okay, I guess we're looking for further contacts. I kind of forgot about that. I'm okay with scouting north of Commodore then, should have kept moving north this turn. neenerneener Wish we had a warrior that could chomp Commodore's scout when he tries to move past us again though...

I think there are only 2 choices for scouting: either we loop around Commodore's capital and get as much info of that land as possible before his borders pop. Or we head back for the north. I think scouting around Commodore's capital is the better choice. I would guess about 80% chance that the land north of our capital does not go much farther than we can see. But I think there is a better chance that the land north of our connects to another person than the land north of Commodore. So if we are trying for fast contact with other civs, then we should bring our scout home and explore north of us.

Why do you think there's a better chance that the land north of us connects to somebody than Commodore's?

My general opinion is I"d rather push to make contact with people than to mess around Commodore's capital. I think making contact is more valuable.

Because it appears that the only way northward is that one-tile-wide jungle strip hat Commodore's scout went down this last turn. The odds of something like that opening up to a larger landmass arent impossible but i think the wider stretch of land above our capital is more likely to have contact.

I dont think we should map out northeast of comm with the scout because comm's scout has obviously been over it already and decided to go up that northward strip of jungle instead. Meaning NE of Comm is likely a deadend

I actually don't think it's all that unlikely. Agreed that the foggy stuff NE of Commodore is probably just a dead end.

How about this. Move scout NE-SE onto the desert hill this turn. Maybe take 1-2 turns and poke north just a little bit - if Commodore's scout doesn't return, there's likely more land up there. We can delay the decision by a turn or two is what I'm saying.