Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] scooter, pindicator, and Huayna Capac try some fast Zulu cuisine

Yeah I noticed that now. You know what that means, right?

Most important mission: DESTROY COMMODORE.

I suspect you haven't read any of the tech thread or anything at all. Ok, here's the gist of it:

1) Big & Small script that's been fixed by SevenSpirits to have unbroken luxuries.

2) 99% unedited. Only exception is we're all guaranteed to have A) 2 food tiles, 1 5F+ and 1 4F+, B) 1 ancient military strat resource, and C) 2 different luxuries in the vicinity.

3) Krillmod

4) Randomly generated leaders/civs, as detailed in this thread

Yeah I haven't paid a lot of attention. Expect my main contributions to the thread to be pointing out when you're working ocean tiles instead of coast tiles, correcting east and west errors, and supporting anything that hurts Commodore. wink

(October 26th, 2012, 20:40)NobleHelium Wrote: Yeah I haven't paid a lot of attention. Expect my main contributions to the thread to be pointing out when you're working ocean tiles instead of coast tiles, correcting east and west errors, and supporting anything that hurts Commodore. wink

East-west errors is usually one of the few minor mistakes I DON'T make. As for all the other nitpicky things, go for it. I'll take way too many screenshots as usual so you'll have plenty of material to work with.

I'm 90% sure Thoth just quadruple-posted in the spam of minutes in Commodore's thread. I kept marking the forum read and then it would instantly show up as unread again, and now they're above us in posts. UNACCEPTABLE.

Anyways, Pindicator and I are sort of chatting on the map size thing. We're realizing that Low/Large is probably more reasonable, but it kind of sucks because Huge favors us and that's what we agreed on after all. Large didn't even get mentioned until the leaders came out. Still though, playing Huge is probably too much. Pindicator is running it through novice's map tool now to see what kind of tiles/person #s it comes up with.

Oh but we are NOT flexing on that leader/civ balanced with starts thing. I proposed it as an alternative to skip RB Mod and it got shot down. It's not getting revived now that some people got mediocre leaders. lol

You ccan check the numbers by clicking on replies. Thoths at 15, Commodores at 6.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Somebody made their thread title an inside joke instead of a direct reference to their civ....that somebody is last to get a screenshot because I had to go look up the list again

[Image: Huayna.JPG]

Bear in mind that nothing is guaranteed, I reserve the right to fold, spindle, and mutilate, or even start over from scratch. I'm probably too lazy to actually do so for a 99% random map, but screenies aren't promises.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

First off, chat from Brick:

Quote:Brick: i'm gonna come find you
and kiiiiiiiiiiiiiill youuuuuuuuuuu
with your precious 'zerks....

Stellar. lol

Anyways, Cyneheard (ded-lurker), Pindicator, and I had a little chat about the start. Basic reactions:

1) Too bad we don't have Fishing (Agri/Hunting instead, which is actually strong techs in Krillmod, but just OK for this start)

2) Too bad that fish is ocean and not coast

3) In order to get the fish, you either need to SIP or settle 1NW. No real reason to settle 1NW given that SIP saves a worker turn and gets you a FIN lighthouseable lake.

4) So the only reason to not SIP is if there's something really nice east and we want to come back here for our second city. So obviously the scout needs to go E-SE. Well, we go east and then re-evaluate, but we probably end up going E-SE.

5) Given that everybody has a scout start and nobody in their right mind will open warrior first, we have a LOT of time to play things very loose. Worker-WB open or something similar to that is pretty likely. If we SIP, a tech path of Fishing-Mining-BW is a pretty good guess.

So that's our basic reaction. I also noted that this is really similar to the Regopin start for PB5. We did some brief map theorizing too. I did think that the coast here looks much more island-y than the mainland, which tends to have a more solid coast for B&S... However, this looks so much like the Regopin start that I don't think we can say anything conclusively here.

Noble - didn't see you on when we chatted or else I would've added you. Any thoughts from you?

I can't believe you actually changed the title to HC to the Z lol
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player