I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] BRick goes for a diplo win with Genghis's Vikings

pimp

Updated Sandbox (with gold from hut included):

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21249278/Pitbos...dSwordSave

By the way, my last sandbox attempt gives us 3 workers, 2 cities + a settler, already in slavery by turn 48. Second city has granary in place. We have The Wheel, Agri, Pottery, mining, BW and AH as techs, if I recall correctly. We only chopped two forests.

I think I can do better once we reveal more of the map too.

As crazy as it may sound, i think changing our tech to Agriculture might be a good idea... I'll think of it some more...

Reason is that we know we'll need agriculture anyway. So maybe having the option of going Agri -> BW (instead of pottery) may be a better idea, after I sandobox some more. What do you think, BRick?

Of note:
  • If we want fish, then we have to settle in a way that doesnt share the sheep.
  • There is coast SW of the fish, so either island or another player.
  • the 4 tiles to the north all have coast just north of them, so a dead end. Great, as that means no frozen ice north for barbarians to spawn in.
  • Scout moves: I propost NE-NE onto the hill, so e know of any possible seafood up there, and then in later turns bring the scout back down along the west shoreline.

As for techs, we could go ahead and switch to Ag. I guess my concern is, we've already put two turns into wheel, so we won't be getting anything for a while. Maybe go ag later when we're building the settler?

For reference as to my silly little naming scheme, here's a wiki page that gives a brief description of the land and places in question. I'll also be hopefully starting up that turn-play report on the game in the next few days over in the Gaming Table, so that should shed some light as well.

That fish is horribly placed. If we settle for it we can't share the pigs and we need a border pop to work it. I'd be tempted to just leave it as a possible island city or city on that other shoreline. It makes things to late... We need to spend hammers on a barracks, a workboat... I think a city 1N of the wheat is still our best bet. It's way faster and it's important to have a fast second city. I really don't know...

Regarding the scout move, I agree, it'll be nice to know if the city 1N of the wheat wouldn't make a lot of seafood orphan, which would be pretty bad. We could also go south earlier, since there's where the huts and things we need to know about are, since we can scout our backyard anytime we want.

The reason i suggest changing to agriculture is because it doesn't make any difference if we still go to Pottery (since going agrii before pottery is better, due to the tech discount). we don't need to build roads or farms anytime soon. But getting agri ffirst makes a possible change of plan to BW before pottery better.

That sig is awesome.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

[Image: 3ADjI.jpg]