Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Land of Chaos - HitAnyKey

Guess I may as well start my thread too so I can hopefully get to see my start.

And for those of you who are playing in the game.....

[Image: HitAnyKey.jpg]

Go away!! bang

So my Chaos empire will be just that when it comes to naming conventions.....THERE WON'T BE ANY!

When I'm naming my cities and my units, many of the names will end up being whatever random word or word combinations pop into my brain. I typically always have at least one living unit (when one dies, he resurrects) named Bubba. When I get home from work, I'll actually have time to maybe think about my Civ. But I doubt I'll have much of a formulated strategy. At least until someone decides to join me to help out.

Btw if any of you lurkers decide you want to just follow the progress of my Civ (or know someone that might), let me know. I'll have various times that I'll at least need a sub, and don't yet know of who I can get to do so.

Your start

[Image: pb7_ottomen.jpg]

Mist Wrote:Your start

map screenie

Hmmm, looks like a nice piece of land at first glance. Got some plains/hills, a couple corns, a river (or two), a lake, and lots of forests.

I got a bunch of options here. I can plant where I am, use the two corn and grow a fast city on the ocean. Or I can move inland to the hill on the river to have a high production (and protected) city.

Right now I'm leaning towards the hill. Good production could be a key thing in the early game, and that hill looks mighty nice right there on the river.

Time to sing: "Over the river and upon the hill, to an awesome city we go...." (to the tune of "over the river, and through the woods...." if you couldn't tell) jive

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG]

So I gots me a nice little spot. Sent the scout to the hill to confirm that I wanted to bring my setter there. That's where my city will be. It'll have corn, sugar, hills, trees, grass, & a nice long river. The jungle is ugly, but I'll just have to work towards being able to chop it back.

I also have a nice hut down to the south. My warrior down there will explore slightly, circling around the hut before he returns home.
My scout will head slightly north, just to check things out while he's there (hopefully not a huge massive desert) and then either return strait back to the hut or make his way through the jungle area past the stone to push back some of that fog before going for the hut. It'll all depend on what I see.

Next up will be to plan what I want to research first (after I pull out my chart from the box to see what my path options are). A worker will absolutely be my first production, so that's the easy decision with the city being on the plains/hill.

Thanks for the update. As a global lurker request, when you take screenshots, remember to hit Ctrl-R to turn the resource bubbles.

Sounds like you got a pretty good spot!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG]

Welcome to the Puddle of Doom! This mostly comes from a nice fun story (too long to tell, and I don't know the details well enough to tell it) of a trip my girlfriend took with her friends (before she was my gf) a few years ago when her Prius tried to go through a "puddle" on a dirt road (which was labeled as a county highway on the GPS) up in Michigan. Said puddle, sank the car.....and of course killed it. It henceforth and forevermore became known as the Puddle of Doom. It just popped into my head this morning as I was trying to think of something ominous to name my first city. yikes And since it's on "dirt" next to a river, I figured it suited well enough. jive

Anyways....onwards we go....

Tonight I'll have to remember to name my two units. Forgot to do that, and I'd like to come up with some sort of name for my units for at least the beginning of the game. Their path is obvious for me. Scout will head NE/NE next turn, grabbing the Hut (praying for something good...like a tech! bow) and then angle back SE to circle around the city to go grab the other hut. Then he'll go off doing some true exploring.

Mr. Warrior will either go SE or E (haven't decided yet), depending on how risky I feel like being with how long he'll be away from home. Then he'll head home. Basically I'll have him back home on either turn 6 or turn 7.

Worker is of course the first production so as to farm that Corn.

For Tech was going to go with Mining first, but decided to go with Pottery as last minute change of decision. I wanna get a Cottage building on that Flood Plain to the north (once my culture expands). I think the order of those two techs don't really matter too much anyway, since with the time it'll take to build the worker and then make the farm, the first of the techs will be done anyway.

...what did the insurance company do about the car?
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Krill Wrote:...what did the insurance company do about the car?

LOL! I refreshed the screen and saw someone commented on my thread and I was like "Oooooh, a lurker has something to say about my plans!"....only to find out it has nothing to do with the plans, but about the story. smile
Anyway, the car was simply totaled. And she got whatever you get when your car is deemed totaled. She ended up buying a new Yaris when she got home. The wait was too long to get a replacement Prius, so she had to go with something else.

I just wanted to re-iterate that in a couple weeks I will need a sub for 2-3 days or so. I will be away the first weekend of February, so will likely need a sub at least for that Sat/Sun, possibly the Fri or Mon depending on when the turns flip.
If there's anyone out there that would be willing, or anyone knows of someone willing, please let me know.