Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] PB7 Awards Thread

Below is a direct copy of the original post from the tech thread.

I thought it might be fun to name all of the awards and add a few more. As someone who's lurked pretty comprehensively, I democratically wink elected myself for this duty.

Hopefully anyone who has a "negative" award named after them takes it in the fun spirit its intended.
  • The Tatan Award (PBEM4g, PBEM10) - Making the most of your position in the game, good or bad, and showing good spirits.
  • The plako Award - Not abusing the turn timer, even trying specifically to not abuse it, as though you were roleplaying some sort of perfect turn timer gentleman.
  • The Ilios Award (FFH2)- Fighting honorably and fiercely until the bitter end, never trying to throw the game or be spiteful, and keeping all the enmity in-game.
  • The SevenSpirits Award (PBEM19, PBEM23)- Showing innovative play and an enthusiasm for making the game fun and exciting.
  • The Pocketbeetle Award (FFH1)- Most entertaining thread updater
  • The Oledavy Award (PBEM17)- Most interesting thread updater (note, not the same thing)
  • The Athlete4Life Award (PB2) - Sneakiest back stab gold star
  • The Sandover Award (PBEM3) - Mostest with the Leastest award for crap land award
  • The Adlain Award (PB4) - Leastest with mostest award for really good land frittered away
  • The WarlordDr Award (PB4) - Warmonger of the year award for least infrastructure
  • The FFH7 Clowns Award Warmonger of the year award for most military (important distinction there)
  • The novice Award (PBEM13, 17, 23) - for most insanely thorough spreadsheet MM plan
  • The "Krills' 12 steps to greatness" award (See all Krill games) from most retarded drunken behaviour
  • The "WTF Darrell" award (FFH2 I think is the best example) for greatest WTF moment of the game (Always a goody)
  • The "bloody sunrise" award for most crippling early game strike
  • The regoarrarr award (PB1) - For most disappointing moment
  • The Lewwyn award (PBEM14) - For most ill-advised rush
  • The Commodore award (PBEM19, 24) - For most convincing desperate victory attempt
  • The Lord Parkin award (PB4) - For most 1t techs in a row
  • The mackoti award (many) - For the team that builds the Pyramids
  • The Ruff Award - For best naming-scheme
  • The Bobchillingworth award (FFH11) - For best military action devised solely for metagame reasons
  • The Jowy Award (PBEM6) - For worst leveraging of traits (i.e. never going to war with Boudica of Rome)
  • The Whosit Award (PB2) - For biggest misuse of military units
  • The Gaspar Award (Pretty much every game) - For most war plans composed but not enacted.
  • The Sareln Award (Um, every game) - For first player eliminated in a rush
  • The TMIT's Speed civving award - For being shortest time logged in to the game.
  • The Kuro Slow civving award - For being longest time logged in to the game.
  • The Thoth Award (Pretty much every game) - For most youtube links posted in thread.
  • The Catwalk Award (Pretty much every game) - For most headscratching thread spam.
  • The Munro Award (PB1) - For Biggest Upset
  • The Cyneheard Award (Every game) - For the biggest bridesmaid
  • The Locke Award (PB4) - For most effective personality change
  • The Serdoa Award (PBEM10, PBEM25) - For biggest wonderwhore
  • The DrNomadic Award (PB2) - For most inane lurker comment
  • The MJW Award (All) - For most confusing lurker behavior
  • The Dazedroyalty Award (PBEM7) - For most impressive dogged defense
  • The Sulla Award (Demogame) - For best pink dot
  • The Speaker Award (PB2, PB6) - For most impressive military tactics
  • The Twinkletoes89 Award (All) - For surviving against impossible odds
  • The Iskender Award (FFH5) (All) - For best performance with a lesser Civ/Leader pairing
  • The Exploit Award (PB1, PB3) (All) - For poorest performance with a stronger Civ/Leader pairing.
  • The Kyan Award (PBEM4g) - For most consecutive turns in a Golden Age
  • The Mist Award (PB7) - For the player who annoys the game admin the most
  • The Uberfish Award (FFH2) - For best sneaky good game position
  • The Amelia Award (FFH2) - For most damage on a single turn
  • The spacemanmf Award (PBEM13) - For best war turn report (single turn) [rego already has an award before anyone mentions PBEM8]
  • The Selrahc Award (FFH6) - For longest delay to settle first city
  • The Washington, Mongolia Award (sunrise089 - all PBs) - For worst power/internet situation for someone who purportedly does not live in a 3rd world country.
  • The pindicator Award (PBEM26) - For cheesiest yet deserved success
  • The yuris125 Award (PBEM20, PBEM26) - For player who swings the balance of game most while having no actual benefit to his own empire
  • The Mortius Award (PB2) - For allowing someone to walk into your undefended capital

Keep em coming, of course. smile

Once the game starts, post links to nominations for the awards in this thread. I'll try and keep everything collated and then when the game is over we can decide if we're voting on the awards or letting the namesake hand out the award.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

I'd like to volunteer one extra award:

The Mist Award for poster that annoyed the game admin the most. Winner (or perpetrator, take your pick) chosen solely by the game admin.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

lol thumbsup.

Darrell

The Broker/Plako Award (PB2) - for the Greatest Comeback after a defeat.

The Uberfish Award (FFH2) - the "stealth" award, developing and playing a position of great strength before anyone notices.

Considering the game set-up and me being in a strop for having no award (:neenernee), i would like to claim the:

Kyan Award: Best use of the diplomacy tools available

I also, I believe, have the record for longest golden age (pbem4g) or most unit spam alongside krill (pbem ffhvii).

Ah, just seen the FfH team one, perhaps give that to DaveV for utilising those pretty puppets jive

The Amelia Award (FFH2) - for causing the most damage in a single turn.

Buried in the setup thread spam:

The ??? award - best thread title

By the way, is this thread supposed to be "no players"? If so, it should be clearly labeled so.

kjn Wrote:The Amelia Award (FFH2) - for causing the most damage in a single turn.

Great...I've inspired two awards smile.

Darrell

DaveV Wrote:By the way, is this thread supposed to be "no players"? If so, it should be clearly labeled so.

I think having "[SPOILERS]" in the title is good enough smile.

Darrell