I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Poll: Map K1 (ss shown) or K5 (Krill's new one)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
K1
0%
0 0%
K5
81.25%
13 81.25%
Either
18.75%
3 18.75%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 8

As everyone should know, this was the best game in the history of the site. I think we should do it again, with similar settings. I'm open to RBmod modded or BtS, but the most important thing is in the comportment of the players; this is again not for the hardcore. Everyone here made a real effort to avoid double-moving in particular and being a bastard in general; if you can manage that, come on up! I think we'd ideally want to cap out at 12 players.

Commodore
Azza
Pindicooter
Merohoc
Ichabod and the Brick.
Plako if RBmod
Xenu
Catcheetah
Lewger
N-core
Serdoa
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Eh, if you do with RB mod and want a random map, I would suggest that you don't pick a really random map script...

Also, not playing.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Will be signing up later on, either teaming with someone or on my own team, depending on level of interest.

(October 23rd, 2012, 17:53)Krill Wrote: Also, not playing.

cry

I'll sign up if someone wants a teammate/ded-lurker. But I've got 1 of my 1 1/2 game limit already occupied with pbem45
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I probably won't pick up another game until February. My life has become overly micromanaged...OTOH, it does mean I can help out with finalizing a map for you guys, if you want.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

I'm keen.

Interested of course as we talked about. On the fence on if I'm going to take on a primary role or if I want to team with somebody.

I definitely don't want to do another RB Mod game I don't think.

One idea - this is a concept I discussed in my PB5 thread if you guys saw that. One of the things I remember discussing with Commodore is that we liked RB Mod's ability to balance the leaders enough that going all-random was less influential and more viable. I thought of a simple way of counter-acting that. This is for if we're wanting all random leaders/civs/map.

Say we have 10 players. The "mapmaker" rolls the 10 leaders/civs. He also rolls a map with whatever script we decide on. He then makes a rough ranking from #1-#10 for best leader/civ combo and best start position. This is NOT meant to be scientific, he just eyeballs it. He then matches them up in inverse order. In this case, #s3-7 are probably all going to be debatable and that's totally fine. The only purpose of this is a simple balancing mechanism so that the lucky guy who rolls Pacal of India gets a bit of a nerf to balance things out, and the poor guy who rolls Tokugawa of America gets some compensation.

One further refinement would be to roll a max 18 combos, and shave off in this example the 4 worst/4 best to even things a bit.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(October 23rd, 2012, 21:22)Commodore Wrote: One further refinement would be to roll a max 18 combos, and shave off in this example the 4 worst/4 best to even things a bit.

I'd also recommend he open it up to lurkers in the mapmaking thread to get there input, rather than just having 1 person decide on rankings.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.