Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Harry's Game

Turn 45

Hydra has a Quetcha just near where I want my next city and where I want to do a chop. I'll need a spear or an axe to feel safe settling if he doesn't find something more interesting to do.

Jimmy is on his way to see Serdoa, to figure out how long I have to settle the gold and silver...

Altrincham will whip the worker next turn. Perhaps overflowing into a spear depending on my state of mind.

Barnet puts a turn into a spear before whipping the worker next turn.

Crewe just carries on

As does Darlington

Power - I've lost visibility on Serdoa, so will try to get him back before concentrating on Hydra again

Azza hasn't made a keshik yet, but I think t43 might have been a warrior and a Ger (gives horses +4 exp) or even two Gers.

Demos

Turn 46

Going to be limited reporting this weekend as I'm on a trip. The big news this turn is that I think Azza built his first Keshik...

Whipped Altrincham and Barnet and Barnet will overflow into a barracks then two spears.

Demos

Turn 47

Rubbish report #1 (a matter of opinion obviously) - Azza completed his second Keshik this turn. I completed my barracks and will overflow into two spears over the next two turns.

So who prefers this style of reporting?

I think spears will slowdown keshiks pretty quickly, no? spears rule until knights, and even then they are annoying.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Yeah, I just need to show them to Azza to stop him getting ideas...

(January 4th, 2013, 18:22)Old Harry Wrote: Turn 47

Rubbish report #1 (a matter of opinion obviously) - Azza completed his second Keshik this turn. I completed my barracks and will overflow into two spears over the next two turns.

So who prefers this style of reporting?

Awesome report! No boring pictures or unnecessary information except the comment about Azza and barracks.

Seriously though, I personally like the mixture of long and short reports. If every detail is always told it get's a bit heavy to follow, but every now and then it's nice to get a full picture of the situation. I'm sure everyone has their own preferred styles.

popcorn
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Well hopefully you'll like this report...

Turn 48
Azza didn't build a third Keshik yet. That is all.

Oh and yesterday I play-tested a new Martin Wallace game with him. That's about as celebrity as board games get! It needs some work and I didn't win...

Turn 49

I'm back at home, so back to the standard quality of report...

I've got a warrior watching Azza's borders, with a spear just behind. Should I show Azza the spear or keep it hidden and use the warrior as bait? I think he built a third Keshik this turn.

In the mean time I'm building a temple rather than a second spear in Barnet to allow more tiles to be worked next turn when I'll finish the second spear.

The plan is to settle Exeter 1 in 3 turns, then whip a settler from Altrincham to settle Forest Green.

Demos

I think yo should let him know you have the spear. Even if you can easily beat off an attack, him attacking you isn't beneficial at all. If, however, he takes the path of least resistance and goes to war with someone else, that could greatly benefit you! smile.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Turn 50

Hydra just settled where I'm planning to put my next-but-one city (but on his version of the site). Its empty at the moment so I could perhaps raze it in two turns, but I don't think that's a great idea...

Serdoa hasn't expanded this way at all yet, so perhaps I'll get the gold easier than I thought.

Showing Azza a spear as Bigger suggested, should I ask for open borders and wander into his land to make it really obvious? Also I'm wondering whether to settle:
- on the silver so I don't have to research Iron Working to get the happy bonus
- on the plains hill between gold and silver, although it gets no food it's got a very strong defensive position
- 1w of the silver which gets two food eventually

Power - Azza got another Keshik, I think that makes four. I might go for more spears from Barnet before (or after) missionaries for the new cities. Serdoa is catching up on power but Hydra isn't (in the demos) so I'm expecting hoping Azza will go after him.

demos