I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

RB Mod PBEM?

U srs?

Or alternatively United States of Russian Scooters. Or perhaps United States Rushing Service.

Mirror in the bathroom recompense
For all my crimes of self defense
Cures you whisper make no sense
Drift gently into mental illness

http://youtu.be/-cbUW2EY4KE
fnord

If it's a Pitboss, definitely Normal.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(August 15th, 2013, 17:45)Krill Wrote: This was Commodore's original plan:

Quote:When next I find the time (a couple games from now) I think I'll start an RBmod game with a "sucky in BtS" subset to snake pick from:

Boudicea, Hammurabi, Tokugawa, Cyrus, Saladin, Fredrick

Celts, Babylon, Japan, Persia, Arabia, Germany

I think all of them could be very interesting.

My main point is that with 6 people in the game I think it would be nice to add Stalin of Russia and Genghis of Mongolia into the mix as they fit the leader criteria and it'd be nice for 6th pick to actually have a choice.

Other than that I don't really care much so long as the map isn't a repeat of PBEM50.

Okay, let's at Stalin of Russia and call it good.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Whats the snake pick order? And I'm having my sister here, so can't say when I can again look into this thread - somewhere around 10-12 hours most likely.

@Krill

Only PBEM46 (basically 1 turn / week or less), C5 PBEM2 (basically 1 turn / 2-3 days) and EitB27 (basically dead). Apart from that I'm only in PB12 (Noble helps) and PB13 (1 unit to move...)

edit: And I don't care about settings as long as they are at least somewhat balanced. Not PBEM50 style basically.

I'm AFK this weekend and on the fence about this.
I have to run.

(August 17th, 2013, 01:57)novice Wrote: I'm AFK this weekend and on the fence about this.

If you're waiting based on how the uber chill game plays out, don't.

Darrell

OK, here is what I want to suggest. Caledorn has offered to host this as a PB, and has said that he has been able to host two mod games at the same time so he has promised to explain that later. I think if we play this game as a 5-6 player PB game, we can play it on normal speed but not be stuck on the 1 turn/day due to time slot issues.

Then we use the following settings:

[Unrestricted leaders]
No Tech Trading
No Vassal States
No Events
No Espionage

Map settings:
Monarch Difficulty
Toroidal wrap

And then snake pick from the following leaders/civs, after seeing the start:

Quote:Boudicea, Hammurabi, Tokugawa, Cyrus, Saladin, Fredrick, Stalin

Celts, Babylon, Japan, Persia, Arabia, Germany, Russia

With the snake pick being randomized in order. That leaves the map.

TBH, I'm not really sure what we want. I'm just trawling through map scripts right now. On the one hand some people want to play a slightly more twisted map script, on the other people want something that has a semblance of balance. I see a couple of options.
  • Torusworld. Before you start spitting feathers Commodore, it would be on lakes setting (15% water) and use the 12% peaks or higher (18% works fine following some tests). 32*32 for 6 players, or could change it to something like 24*44 to limit the number of neighbours each person is likely to get. Basically this is a proxy for a Highlands map. We'd need a map maker to generate maps until they found something they thought was decent though, so really I'd want Plako, Brick or someone with experience to do this.

• Fantasy Realm/Irrational is actually a really sparse map script with a hell of a lot of tundra around, and few options for control beyond map maker instruction. Map size would have to be small though. Crazy resource distribution just wouldn't fit what some people want.

After this I'm kinda stretching to find something
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

If we go with PB, how about sequential turns + some weekend blitz sessions?

I'm fine with either Torusworld or Fantasy Realm + Crazy Resources. Either way, a mapmaker should vet the maps for balance and strat resources.
fnord

I don't think I could ever guarantee a blitz session, I know that most of my weekends I can be asked to work at short notice.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18