I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[TECH] Pitboss 46 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Game Rules and Settings:

Server: pb.zulan.net:2046

Game tracker: http://civ.zulan.net/pbspy/game/82/

Game Host unified tech thread (for all Zanth/Ramkhamhaeng hosted games):
http://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/showt...p?tid=9510

Host: Zanth/Ramkhamhaeng
Admin: TheBlackSword
Map maker: TheBlackSword using Krill supplied map script
Starting date: September 25, 2019
Mod: RtR 4.1.1.6
Mod Changelog: Available here (Note: Test mod with new naval movement changes).
Turn Timer: 24 hours (turn timer adjusted so each turn is 24 hours in real life)

Fix for unblocking of other players and faster login: http://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/showt...#pid703171

Rules:

Quote:Difficulty: Monarch
Speed: Normal
Era: Ancient
Turn speed: 24 hours/turn (ingame clock adjusted to keep turns to 24 hours)

Game options: Unrestricted Leaders (well duh) - snake pick. Not random for a test game.
No Tech Trading
No Vassal States
No Tribal Villages
No Map Trading
No City Trading
No Immediate Peace
No Wonder Resource modifiers
AI Diplo [game option] - ON

Double moves: Don't be a jerk aka normal RB double move rules. If in doubt or a newb, ask the lurkers.

Rules governing war declarations due to AI diplo game option:

(September 4th, 2019, 16:29)Krill Wrote:
(September 4th, 2019, 10:23)Old Harry Wrote:
(September 3rd, 2019, 23:20)Charriu Wrote:
(September 3rd, 2019, 17:33)Old Harry Wrote: If I accept the declare war deal then surely my choice is to play my turn now (if it isn't a double move) or logout again and wait for my adversary to play before logging in to play (perhaps with a pm too let them know what happened).

Is there a scenario I've missed?

But you should only tell the player that the DoW came via diplo. You should not tell them who bought you in.

I think the scenario I missed was when player A offers player B a war vs C for war vs C trade. Then the declaration comes when B accepts.

At this point I think:
- B should PM A to say they accepted
- B should PM C to say they've declared war and what the turn split is
- A should PM C to say they've declared war and what the turn split is

B probably shouldn't say they got bought into the war, that'll be fairly obvious anyway.

My original post was about B being bought into an existing war (or very rarely being asked to attack someone A isn't at war with). That seems pretty straightforward:
- B should PM C to say they've declared war and what the turn split is

I don't have a strong opinion on if B should PM A to say they've accepted, it's only an issue if A gets a peace offer from C and their acceptance depends on what B is doing. But you can find that out by pressing F4 anyway.

Quote:Which brings me to what is probably going to be the easiest rule of thumb: The offer to declare war must be treated by the player sending it as an actual declaration of war, and can only be sent at a time it would be legal to declare war.

Does this cover all of the war declaration stuff? Nothing else in the AI Diplo option affects turn splits.

Signups (in snake pick order):

Quote:Old Harry + Hitru: Victoria [FIN/IMP] of Inca
Commodore: Wang Kon [FIN/PRO] of Mongolia
Borsche: Suryavarman [EXP/CRE] of Persia
GeneralKilCavalry: Darius [FIN/ORG] of Aztecs
Krill: Hannibal [FIN/CHM] of England
TBW: Shaka [EXP/AGG] of Rome
2MetraNinja: Mao [EXP/PRO] of Ethiopia
Elkad: Churchill [CHM/PRO] of Native America
Pindicator: Pacal [EXP/FIN] of Arabia
Gavagai: Stalin [AGG/IND] of Germany
Rusten: Isabella [EXP/SPI] of India
BeardBeard: Charlemagne [PRO/IMP] of HRE
BaII: Mehmed [EXP/ORG] of Khmer
superdeath: Boudicca [AGG/CHM] of America
Adler: Julius Caesar [IMP/ORG] of Sumeria
Dark Savant: Bismark [EXP/IND] of Mali

On pauses:

(February 25th, 2018, 22:20)BRickAstley Wrote: As an impartial observer, I would say everyone should put their password in the first post of their thread no matter what (no one has ever used that to cheat here, and if they did it's obvious and we'll reload. And then either:

1) explicitly state in their first post they don't mind a global lurker coming in and making basic common sense moves, if they are still left to play with under an hour to go

OR

2) if you don't want to do the above, but occasionally need a lurker to cover, post here ahead of time and give specific instructions in your thread. If you forget tough noogies, you lose your moves this turn.

I would advise against pauses if at all possible this early on, the game needs to keep moving. And this can all be revisited later when player count thins and empire size balloons

If anything missing, please post and it can be added.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Turn rolled, thanks for making the thread Krill.
"I know that Kilpatrick is a hell of a damned fool, but I want just that sort of man to command my cavalry on this expedition."
- William Tecumseh Sherman

I wont have civ access during this weekend due to family event, so maybe lurker can do the scout move?

(October 2nd, 2019, 04:31)Adler Wrote: I wont have civ access during this weekend due to family event, so maybe lurker can do the scout move?

I shouldn’t have a problem helping out with that; will check in your thread for details.

Quote:Admin: TheBlackSword

Not sure when I agreed to that ...

After working 4 weeks of 60+ hours (with a high of 76!), I'm taking a 3day weekend (fri/sat/sun) and going to see family.

I'll have the laptop, so I don't expect any problems PMFT, but I've finally put my password in my thread.

(October 2nd, 2019, 09:29)Elkad Wrote: After working 4 weeks of 60+ hours (with a high of 76!), I'm taking a 3day weekend (fri/sat/sun) and going to see family.

I'll have the laptop, so I don't expect any problems PMFT, but I've finally put my password in my thread.

I can help if needed.

Info for all: I am not following individual threads (or the Lurker thread), so please request here or via PM if coverage is needed.

(October 2nd, 2019, 10:03)Dreylin Wrote:
(October 2nd, 2019, 09:29)Elkad Wrote: After working 4 weeks of 60+ hours (with a high of 76!), I'm taking a 3day weekend (fri/sat/sun) and going to see family.

I can help if needed.

Info for all: I am not following individual threads (or the Lurker thread), so please request here or via PM if coverage is needed.

Our unsung hero -- thanks a lot for helping out and speeding up the early game!

I will probably need a short pause for this turn.

Hi, I'm having trouble logging with my secondary pc. While trying to connect to pitboss it gives me runtime error.