For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[TECH] Announcement thread for Pitbosses/NatNeg Server hosted by Zulan/Ramk

Your Pitboss games running now on Zulan's server, http://civ.zulan.net/.
This server already hosting the games of an other forum, civforum.de, and kindly shares its resources with you.

The main administration tasks, will be done by me, Ramkhamhaeng.
Please report issues, feature requests, etc in this thread.

== RB40 ==
Game finished
Game tracker: http://civ.zulan.net/pbspy/game/69/#players (or #log)
New mod: RtR_4.0.8.3 (replaces RtR Mod 2.0.8.3.

== RB41 ==
Game finished
Game tracker: http://civ.zulan.net/pbspy/game/70/#players
New mod: RtR_4.0.8.5 (replaces RtR Mod 2.0.8.5.)

== RB42 ==
New server url: pb.zulan.net:2042
Game tracker: http://civ.zulan.net/pbspy/game/71/#players
New mod: RtR_4.0.9.2 (replaces RtR Mod 2.0.9.2.)

== RB43 ==
New server url: pb.zulan.net:2043
Game tracker: http://civ.zulan.net/pbspy/game/76/#players
Mod: RtR_4.0.8.5

Note that the new mod names contain an underscore, but not space!

== Development ==
The source code of the new mods can be found on Github. I've added an extra branch for each RtR-Mod.
The fourth branch, RtR_4.0.0, is based on a newer DLL of Civ4RealmsBeyondBalanceMod and is not save compatible with the other versions. This branch can be used as boilerplate for further developments of your mods.

== Donations  ==
If you want support our Civ4 Pitboss services you can donate money for the server hosting costs!
If you're EU citizen a normal bank transfer might be the easiest way. Otherwise steam gift code may be simple solution for both sides.
Zulan wrote here a comment about the donation topic.

== Update 2020 ==

10 hosted games later I think I should post some more detailed installation instructions in this thread for further games smile
The mod name in your Pitboss game can differ, but the installation process is almost the same.
  • Download the linked PB Mod_v9.zip and the BTS_Wrapper-zip from the PBSpy page.
    The mod is almost Civ4:BTS, but improves the Pitboss capabilities. The list of changes can be found here.
    The wrapper was created to speed up the login process. Nowadays Civ4 starts fast, but the default save file transfer is really slow.
  • Unzip the mod into
    [Civ 4 installation directory]\Beyond the Sword\Mods\ or
    [...]\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods
    If you use the Steam version, go into the game properties in Steam and select the 'original_release_unsupported' version. Otherwise no DirectIP mode will be available.
  • Check the folder structure of the mod because it differs between different unzip programs. It should be
    Mods\PB Mod_v9\Assets, not Mods\PB_Mod_v9\PB Mod_v9\Assets.
  • Unzip 'BTS_Wrapper_v9_with_gamespy_fix.zip' into the 'Beyond the Sword'-folder.
  • Create a shortcut on BTS_Wrapper.exe and expand the target line to
    "[...]\Beyond the Sword\BTS_Wrapper.exe" mod= "PB Mod_v9"
    Don't forget the space after 'mod='!
  • Start the game over the new shortcut. At the first start the Windows firewall and maybe the anti virus protection needs to be handled.
    If the Wrapper do not work you could change the shortcut to
    […]\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword2015.exe" mod="PB Mod_v9" (now without space).
  • Go ingame to Multiplayer>DirectIP and join the test game pb.zulan.net:2057
    If it does not crash, the setup on your PC is done.
  • Finally, a port forwarding rule in your router is needed to allow other users connections to you, if you're logged in on the PB server. (Civ4 does not sends its traffic over the server, but directly to all connected players.)
    For PB games, you need a rule to route UDP-traffic on ports 2056-20XX to your PC.
    Each player gets an own port, so use e.g. XX=66 for up to 10 other players.
    The default port 2056 can be changed in the CivilizationIV.ini.
    Note that in some cases (IPv6-only connection) other users still cannot connect if you are in the game. This is ATM an unresolved problem.
  • Now, your setup is complete smile

== General informations ==
• The Pitboss server relocation leads to a change of the mod. As user you will not notice many effects because the main changes affects the Pitboss related files.
Unzip the new mod like the previous one into your 'Civ4:BTS/Mods folder' and do not forget to update the mod-argument in your desktop shortcut smile

• The new server uses an other game tracker page called Pbspy. I want associate at least one person  as admin for each game. This person can invoke some actions, like game restarts, timer changes.
Please register at pbspy and post in this thread which persons I should add.
For normal users is no registration required unless you want use the email notifications for new rounds.

• The round timer for the current round was increased on 2 days to avoid reloads.

• Please post in this thread if some PB related issues occur.

I logged in to my civ in 41 and 42 with no issues or problems that I could see. Thanks a lot for hosting the games smile

only issue i have with the new setup is not being able to see in game the other civs before meeting them. Other than that, no issues.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

The score is shown on the tracker thread, so the same info is still available.

Thanks for hosting the games so quickly Ramkhamhaeng smile
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Tiny complaint. PBSPY site doesn't have a faveicon frown

It works like a dream Ramk. smile

I'll volunteer to admin (I'm only playing '42 but I'm subscribed to the tech threads for '40 and '41 so I can do those too if needed). Anyone else want the burden of responsibility?

(January 2nd, 2019, 08:40)Elkad Wrote: Tiny complaint.  PBSPY site doesn't have a faveicon frown

Icon included after the next update smile

(January 2nd, 2019, 09:07)Old Harry Wrote: It works like a dream Ramk. smile

I'll volunteer to admin (I'm only playing '42 but I'm subscribed to the tech threads for '40 and '41 so I can do those too if needed). Anyone else want the burden of responsibility?

Thanks, I've added you as admin in all four games (40-42 & Test game). smile
If you're unsure if some management command works as expected, you could try it out on the already known test server.
Please note that I've updated the RtR_4.0.0 mod today. If you want login again in the test game, a new download is required.

So what should we do about changing the patreon payments? Cal could claim the cash less often and forward it, but that sounds like a hassle. How do people normally contribute for the server Ramk?

Excellent.  Having to label the shortcuts on my bookmark bar is unacceptable.  There are too many smile
This just throws off the whole scheme, and pushes one of my folders off the right edge.