Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

PB45 Tech Thread

Edit for settings:
Quote:PBSpy Link http://civ.zulan.net/pbspy/game/80/
Mod: Rebalance the Realms 4.1.0.2 4.1.0.10. Download here.
Difficulty: Monarch
Speed: Normal
Era: Ancient
Turn Speed: 24 real hours per one turn
Vassals, Huts, and Events: Off
Barbarians: On, Normal
Espionage: On
Tech Trading: Off
Diplomacy: AI diplomacy. No renaming cities or units to communicate. No trading cities. No using the trade screen to communicate, with one exception: same resource for same resource trade deals are allowed (Examples: fish for fish, copper for copper).
Double Moves: Regular Realms Beyond rules. Don’t be a jerk.
Map Trading: Not allowed
Pick Style: Snake Pick

1. MSCC- Kublai Khan/Babylon
2. naufragar and Rusten- Japan/Alexander
3. boak and GeneralKillCavalry - Vikings/Bismarck
4. superdeath - Sury/Korea
5. Borsche - Mehmed/Carthage
6. Mr. Cairo - Willem/China

My civ itch is flaring up and with PB 42  ending and the active PBs in the early phases I figure there might be enough players around for a new game before 43/44 end and BUG and RtR testing is needed.

Since we do have two full pitbosses just over two months old, I don't know how many people are available, so I was envisioning a small game on a starts-normalized but otherwise random land-heavy map. I would like to try a random 1-off roll for picking civ/leader combos, but if that's too crazy, so be it. Maybe quick speed?

Anyone up for a light, refreshing summer game  in whatever the current canonical RtR version is? (4.0.8.5?)
There is no way to peace. Peace is the way.

(June 15th, 2019, 17:18)naufragar Wrote: My civ itch is flaring up and with PB 42  ending and the active PBs in the early phases I figure there might be enough players around for a new game before 43/44 end and BUG and RtR testing is needed.

Since we do have two full pitbosses just over two months old, I don't know how many people are available, so I was envisioning a small game on a starts-normalized but otherwise random land-heavy map. I would like to try a random 1-off roll for picking civ/leader combos, but if that's too crazy, so be it. Maybe quick speed?

Anyone up for a light, refreshing summer game  in whatever the current canonical RtR version is? (4.0.8.5?)

While im all for another pitboss, if u got the itch i think icehazard needs a turn or two played on pb44, and Wetbandit needs a perma sub in pb43?
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

(June 15th, 2019, 17:52)superdeath Wrote: While im all for another pitboss, if u got the itch i think icehazard needs a turn or two played on pb44, and Wetbandit needs a perma sub in pb43?

I'm very, very spoiled in both games.  frown Part of the cause of my sudden interest has been all the cool reporting in them.  lol

(June 15th, 2019, 18:19)naufragar Wrote:
(June 15th, 2019, 17:52)superdeath Wrote: While im all for another pitboss, if u got the itch i think icehazard needs a turn or two played on pb44, and Wetbandit needs a perma sub in pb43?

I'm very, very spoiled in both games.  frown Part of the cause of my sudden interest has been all the cool reporting in them.  lol

Idk about the others, but id be fine with you joining at this point to replace wetbandit.. nod 

As far as a new pitboss, anything pick wise+ normal rules. OR id really love a full diplo ( still not tech trading ) game..
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

I'm up for another game. And that includes SD's endless quest for a diplo game. I'm ok with whatever rules/picking methods

Just a FYI, but I aim to have the next canonical RtR version up by the end of the month, or at least a change log locked down by then. I hope to have a further test mod version for discussion after that.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Cairo/Superdeath: I'd prefer non-diplo if only because diplo would require a much bigger time commitment. If the prospect of a diplo game draws more players though, I'm down for pretty much any settings that get the game going.

Krill: It'll take at least that long to get a pitboss-worth of players, so let's plan on using your next update.

(If we max out at 4-5, it's probably easier to run a PBEM?)

I am ready for another game too.

For combo selection, I would prefer a method that gives a bit of choice, or at least ability to veto something I don’t want (so the PB43 method is fine). A natural, minimally-balanced map is fine by me, but I think that it should have enough water and islands to make naval stuff relevant; I think it’s fun. I could bend on either of those, though. I just absolutely do not want to play a full diplo game. Like naufragar, I don’t want to commit as much time as a full diplo game would require, and I also feel like full diplo would distort the gameplay to the point that the game is not of the sort that would interest me anymore.
Participated in: Pitboss 40 (lurked by Mr. Cairo), Pitboss 45 (lurked by Charriu and chumchu), Pitboss 63 (replaced Mr. Cairo), Pitboss 66Pitboss 69
Participating in: Pitboss 74.

Criticism welcome!

(June 18th, 2019, 02:14)Magic Science Wrote: I am ready for another game too.

For combo selection, I would prefer a method that gives a bit of choice, or at least ability to veto something I don’t want (so the PB43 method is fine). A natural, minimally-balanced map is fine by me, but I think that it should have enough water and islands to make naval stuff relevant; I think it’s fun. I could bend on either of those, though.

Welcome! That sounds fine to me. I want to try some off-kilter combos myself, but that can be self-imposed rather than written into the setting.

I really like the pb38/43 way of doing picks. Im very much fine not doing full diplo, as i probably dont have the time either.

All i require/ask for, for a pb is: fish/fish and copper/copper style deals allowed.  Pretty much everything else is fair game. With a slight preference for minimal water on maps, or at least more of a pb39 feel to it. smile
-Old Harry. PB48.